Welcome to the Peacock Revolution

There is a war going on. A war against machoism. What is machoism? Machoism, as defined by myself, is the belief that in order to be a man in today's society one should be a dirty, grungy, obtuse, hairy, bare-knuckle dragging, neandertal. No more! I am declaring war on machoism. This blog will forge a revolution. A Peacock Revolution!

Join me in the battle against bad fashion!



Monday, November 1, 2010

Dressy Knits

Greetings mavens of style,

I'm off to school to hopefully get some work done and catch up on my studies.  I was in the mood to dress up a little bit; however, I didn't want to over do it.  I decided that maybe I should undergo the challenge of making this awesome pair of pajama-looking pants that I have look "slightly" formal.  Maybe pair it with a short-sleeve button down and obnoxiously large bow tie...



\


Even though they are not really pajama pants they, however, give the look of them.  Meaning if I paired them with a regular t-shirt, people would get the impression that I am dressing down, and this wasn't my goal for the day. 

The bow tie was made for me by one of my friends/coworkers. She's amazing, and I love how large it is. I have always wanted an obnoxiously large bow tie.

The pants have ribbed cuffs allowing me to pull them up to just under the knee.  This gave them the look of harem pants, so I decided to pair them with my gladiators.


Shirt: H&M
Knit Pants: Forever 21
Gladiator Sandals: Love Culture
Bracelet: Pier 1
Bow Tie: Custom made by Charday

This wraps up this post.
Dismissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment