Welcome to the Peacock Revolution

There is a war going on. A war against machoism. What is machoism? Machoism, as defined by myself, is the belief that in order to be a man in today's society one should be a dirty, grungy, obtuse, hairy, bare-knuckle dragging, neandertal. No more! I am declaring war on machoism. This blog will forge a revolution. A Peacock Revolution!

Join me in the battle against bad fashion!



Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's a Tunic!...I think.

Greetings style mavens,

Not to long ago, I was browsing in Forever 21 for some new items to find for my spring/summer wardrobe.  As I searched through the mountains of clothes, I came across this awe-inspiring tunic that was on a mannequin.  I immeadiately began searching franticly around the store.  After searching for an hour, I asked an associate.  However, as always they weren't really any help.  I left the store disgruntled and angry.

A couple of days later, I came back to the store determined to rip the tunic off of the mannequin if they didn't have an extra in the store.  Again I searched and searched frantically for the tunic.  Finally, right as I asked an associate to help me, I spotted it there...on a rack full of random clothes...an extra!!  I hauled ass over to the rack, snatched it off, and dashed for the counter...

It's pretty long so I can easily see how some people may think it's a dress.  It just may be.  However, I'm pretty sure it's a tunic.

It features an incredible print that looks Aztec/peacock inspired.

Again, I decided to pair the tunic with stockings and shorts (hidden).  Everything was finished off with my boots. (I know yall are getting tired of looking at them...Sorry, I will try to find some other shoes)

I threw on a scarf and black beaded necklace to lend a middle eastern feel to the wardrobe.  It sounds like a lot of looks, but it blends perfectly together.


I am so glad that I was able to find this tunic.  I knew when I saw it on the mannequin that it would look phenomenal.

Tunic: Forever 21
Shorts: Love Culture
Stockings: Leg Avenue
Scarf: Target
Boots: Bucco
Necklace: Forever 21

Mission Success,
Dismissed!

1 comment:

  1. It loooks more like a tunic to me too.

    ReplyDelete