Welcome to the Peacock Revolution

There is a war going on. A war against machoism. What is machoism? Machoism, as defined by myself, is the belief that in order to be a man in today's society one should be a dirty, grungy, obtuse, hairy, bare-knuckle dragging, neandertal. No more! I am declaring war on machoism. This blog will forge a revolution. A Peacock Revolution!

Join me in the battle against bad fashion!



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Get The Look: Janelle Monae

Greetings mavens of style,

It's that time again. "For what" you say. For another "Get the Look". This time it is none other than the fabulous Miss Janelle Monae. So I browsed the web, and found this image over at http://www.theprophetblog.net/janelle-monae-covers-honey-magazine-and-talks-the-archandroid-album  Seriously, I Freakin LOVE this chick!! So, I will show you guys how to get the look...Oh wait, here is a uber fabulous pic...





Ok, so here we go...

Step 1: Ruffle Shirt
This shirt retails for $47.18. I love the feminine edge of the ruffles and the contrasting power of the black buttons.

Step 2: Black Blazer

This is the ASOS Power Shoulder Tailored Boyfriend Blazer. This jacket costs $109.53 Cute.


I absolutely love this Organza Blazer. It retails for only $37.07. I'm simply going gaga for those see through sleeves.

Step 3: Pants


If you want to go for a more elegant feel, then choose a wide leg pant. These beauties are only $50.55. Amazing.


For a more tailored look, go with a slim leg pant. These beauties go for only $76.99. Perfect.

Step 4: Accessories

WOW!!! That is all I have to say. Man the shoe is insane. Saddle shoes are a Monae staple. Retailing for $107.84, this is not a bad deal.


Even though this tie isn't as big as Miss Monae's, it is nevertheless a cutie. Price: $13.48

Well, that's it ladies and gentlemen. Get the look of the fabulous Miss Monae. I know I will.
Dismissed!

*images found courtesy of http://www.asos.com/, and http://www.modcloth.com/.*

No comments:

Post a Comment