Welcome to the Peacock Revolution

There is a war going on. A war against machoism. What is machoism? Machoism, as defined by myself, is the belief that in order to be a man in today's society one should be a dirty, grungy, obtuse, hairy, bare-knuckle dragging, neandertal. No more! I am declaring war on machoism. This blog will forge a revolution. A Peacock Revolution!

Join me in the battle against bad fashion!



Thursday, March 18, 2010

Moisturize!

Hello to all style gurus,

Anyone who knows me knows that during the winter I transform into this disgustingly-ashen creature with skin dryer than the Sahara. So it is important for me to keep my skin extra moisturized during the cold weather months. (Only 2 more days of this crap!) This brings me to mention two great products that have kept me descent in appearance during these harsh times.

First up is for my face. To keep my skin moisturized properly I use Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera. Usually, witch hazel is an ingredient used in astringents; however this product can be used as a moisturizer because it is alcohol-free and will not dry out the skin. Use this after you have thoroughly cleansed the skin and use a cotton swab or round to apply it. I also notice that my skin heals faster when I use this product, probably due to the aloe vera.


Next, is what I use to nourish and hydrate my body. So far the best thing that I have found is Jergens Naturals: Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer. This lotion features a light clean smell and uses natural ingredients like jojoba oil and agave extract. For me this lotion makes my skin healthy and feel soft all while having a light and airy scent that isn't overpowering.

These are products that I actually use and that I find work great for me. They earn extra points because they have light scents, because no one should be able to smell your facial moisturizer(that is what perfume and cologne are for). I suggest trying them for yourself and see if they help. They aren't very expensive and can be found in most stores, but the Thayer's Witch Hazel can be found on the company website or at GNC.com.

Until then, stay moisturized soldiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment